Ph. D. Student
Department of Electronics Engineering
University of Rome "Tor Vergata"
Electronic Engineering Department
C.H.O.S.E. - University of Rome Tor Vergata
Via del Politecnico, 1 00133 Rome - ITALY
Phone: +39 0672597939
Mobile: +39 3281778349
Antonio Agresti obtained the Master Degree in Electronic Engineering cum laude at University of Rome "Tor Vergata". His thesis was on: "Design and development of a forecasting system of power produced by a photovoltaic plant" (Supervisor, Prof. Aldo Di Carlo). He carried out his thesis in collaboration with photovoltaic company "Kenergia" in Rome, Italy.
Currently he is attending the Ph.D. (fellowship holder) in Telecommunications an d Microelectronics Engineering (XXVII cycle) at C.H.O.S.E., within the OLAB (Optoelectonic and Nanoelectronic Devices) research group of the Electronics Engineering Department, at University of Rome "Tor Vergata".
His research activity concerns the investigation of Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSCs) using ultrafast spectroscopy, and the comprehension of degradation mechanisms for long-term stability of these devices using resonant confocal micro-Raman spectroscopy.
His experimental research is also focused on the development and characterization of Small Molecules solar cells using both spectroscopic techniques.
Peer reviewed publications
A. Agresti, S. Pescetelli, A. Quatela, S. Mastroianni, T.M. Brown, A. Reale, C.A. Bignozzi, S. Caramori, A. Di Carlo, RSC Advances, 2014, 4, 12366–12375.
- Agresti A., Pescetelli S., Quatela A.; Caramori S., Bignozzi C.A., Di Carlo A.,
"Degradation mechanisms affecting long term stability in Dye Sensitized Solar Cell: a Resonant Raman Study"
ICORS 2014, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena (Germany), 10-15 August 2014.
- Agresti A., Introduction to Raman Spectroscopy, RAMAN DAY 2012. Rome, Italy.
- Agresti A., Pescetelli S., Gatto E., Venanzi M., Di Carlo A., "Evidences of polyiodides formation in stressed DSCs by mean of Raman and fluorescence spectroscopy", ICOE 2014, 11-13 June 2014, Modena (Italy).
- Agresti A., Pescetelli S., Gatto E., Venanzi M., Di Carlo A., "On the origin of Polyiodide and Fluorescence in stressed Dye Solar Cells", HOPV 2014, 11-14 May 2014, Lausanne (Switzerland).
- Agresti A., Pescetelli S., Quatela A., Mastroianni S, Di Carlo A., "Resonant Raman Scattering on completely Reverse Bias stressed Dye sensitized Solar Cell (DSC)", HOPV 2013, 5-8 May 2013, Seville (Spain).