Ph.D. Student, Electronic Engineer
C.H.O.S.E. - Tecnopolo Tiburtino
Via Giacomo Peroni 400/402
Phone: +39 06 960380 34
Email: andrea.zampetti -AT- uniroma2.it
Andrea Zampetti was born in 1985. He graduated in Electonic Engeneering at University of Rome "Tor Vergata" on April 2011. His thesis was on "Heterostructure and Interface Layers in bulk heterojunction polymer solar cells ", developed at research center CHOSE from September 2010 to April 2011.
Since November 2011, he is a Ph. D. student in Telecommunications and Microelectronics Engineering at C.H.O.S.E., with the OLAB (Opto&Nano Electronics) group, of the Electronics Engineering Department, at University of Rome "Tor Vergata".
His work is mainly focused on the sudying and the designing of interface materials (metals, organic and inorganic semiconductors) for bulk heterojunction (BHJ) solar cells.
He has investigated a variety of interface materials between the active layer and both the transparent (ITO, FTO, AZO) and metal electrodes (Al, Au, Cr, Ag, Zr etc.), as electron (i.e. titanium dioxide, caesium carbonate, LiF, Ca, ZnO, etc.) or hole (i.e. chromium, PEDOT:PSS, molybdenum trioxide, etc.) transport layer.
Within Italian Project ("Progetto di Ricerca di rilevante Interesse Nazionale"), he is currently testing low band gap polymers to be used in BHJ and developing a frabrication process to be applied in polymer photovoltaic devices built using aqueous inks.
- R. Tagliaferro, D. Gentilini, S. Mastroianni, A. Zampetti, A. Gagliardi, T.M. Brown, A. Reale and A. Di Carlo, Integrated Tandem Dye-sensitized Solar Cells, RSC Advances, 3, 20273-20280 (2013) DOI: 10.1039/C3RA43380C
- L. La Notte, L. Salamandra, A. Zampetti, F. Brunetti, T.M. Brown, A. Di Carlo, and A. Reale, Airbrush Spray Coating of Amorphous Titanium Dioxide for Inverted Polymer Solar Cells, International Journal of Photoenergy, vol. 2012, Article ID 897595, pp. 1-5 (2012) DOI: 10.1155/2012/897595
- Interface Materials for Controlling the Polarity and Improving Performance of Polymer Solar Cell
A. Zampetti, M. Dianetti, L. Salamandra, F. Brunetti, A. Reale, A. Di Carlo and T. M. Brown
Second International Meeting on Organic Materials for a Better Future (FUTURMAT2) (Brindisi. September 2012).
- Förster Resonant Energy Transfer for Improved Charge Photogeneration in Bulk Heterojunction Organic Solar Cells
M. Toscanini, G. Scavia, W. Porzio, U. Giovanella, A. Zampetti, T.M. Brown and S. Destri
EMRS Spring Meeting 2012 (Strasbourg, May 2012);
- Morphology Improvement by Blending Low Bandgap Copolymers in Bulk Heterojunction Organic Solar Cells
M. Toscanini, G. Scavia, W. Porzio, U. Giovanella, A.Zampetti, T.M. Brown and S. Destri
FUTURMAT2 (Brindisi, September 2012).
- Interface Materials for Controlling the Polarity and Improving Performance of Polymer Solar Cells
Andrea Zampetti, Amir Hossein Fallahpour, Martina Dianetti, Giuseppina Polino, Gianpaolo Susanna, Luigi Salamandra, Francesca Brunetti, Andrea Reale, Aldo Di Carlo, Thomas M. Brown
EMRS Spring Meeting 2013, Palais del Musique et des Congrès, Strasbourg (France), 27-31 May 2013.