at Molecular Photonics Lab.
telephone +39 0649916941
lorenzo.dominici at gmail.com
- november 2010 / october 2011 – Scholarship at University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, dept. of Electronic Engineering, CHOSE (Centre for Hybrid and Organic Solar Energy), Studio delle caratteristiche di assorbimento e trasmissione luminosa in celle fotovoltaiche di tipo DSC. Experimental research in the field of DSC solar cells, with the aim to characterize optical parameters, angular effects on quantum efficiency and new photon management designs.
- november 2009 / october 2010 – Research grant by SAPIENZA University of Rome, department of Energetics, Propagazione di onde elettromagnetiche di superficie in film metallici e cristalli fotonici per applicazioni sensoristiche ed energetiche. Experimental activity on plasmonic and Bloch surface electromagnetic waves, with emphasis on the field localization and enhancement for sensors and solar cells.
- 22-26 september 2008 – ISOPHOS 2008, International School on Organic Photovoltaics organised by CHOSE (Centre for Hybrid and Organic Solar Energy) in Ventotene.
- 25-29 august 2008 – Organizing Committee and Conference Secretariat for the ECAPD'9, 9th European Conference on Applications of Polar Dielectrics, in Roma.
- april 2008 / october 2009 – Research grant at University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, dept. of Electronic Engineering, CHOSE (Centre for Hybrid and Organic Solar Energy), Studio di confinamento ottico da plasmoni di superficie in celle fotovoltaiche organiche. Experimental research in the field of DSC solar cells, with the aim to increase external quantum efficiency by means of surface plasmon polariton coupling and its optimization.
- febraury 2007 / january 2008 – Research grant by Politecnico of Turin, department of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering for the project Sintesi e caratterizzazione di indicatori Tempo-Temperatura per il packaging alimentare basati su film polimerici contenenti molecole organiche coniugate con proprietà ottiche lineari e non lineari. Experimental research in the field of nonlinear polymers and semiconductors, with an insight of electrode poling and low temperature measurements by means of a cryostat.
- febraury 2006 / january 2007 – Research grant at University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, dept. of Physics, titled Misure di r33 in film sottili mediante il metodo di Teng e Man. Experimental research in the field of nonlinear polymers and semiconductors, electro-optic measurements.
- 07/02/2005 – PhD in Electronic Engineering achieved on 07/02/2005 at SAPIENZA, Studio di siti preferenziali di interazione bioelettromagnetica tramite codici di chimica computazionale. Numerical reasearch in the bioelectromagnetic interaction field at the Department of Electronic Enginering.
- 19-20 september 2002 – 1st PhD school in applied electromagnetism Ground Penetrating Radar, at the University of Ancona.
- 17-21 september 2001 – 2nd PhD school in applied electromagnetism Electromagnetism in wireless communications, organised in Anacapri.
- 2001 – Scientific collaboration with consortium Elettra2000 (www.elettra2000.it). The consortium develops scientific research, divulgation and technical formation on sanitary and environmental aspects of electromagnetic waves.
- 24/07/2000 – MSc in Materials Engineering, summa cum laude, at SAPIENZA University. Experimental thesis Caratterizzazione elettro-ottica non distruttiva di film polimerici per applicazioni in dispositivi elettro-luminescenti, at the Laboratory for Molecular Photonics of the Dept. of Energetics (two months passed at Sheffield Centre for Molecular Materials (UK), funded with a scholarship for thesis abroad).
- 20/07/1992 – High school diploma, scientific liceum L.S.S. Aristotele of Rome, 60/60.
- Succ >>